There are six roots of opportunity for potential businesses:
- Problems that your business could solve.
- Changes in laws, situations or trends.
- Inventions of totally new products or services.
- Competition – if you can find a way to beat the competition on the basis of price, location, quality, reliability, or convenience.
- Technological advances – inventors invent, entrepreneurs figure out how to market the invention.
- Unique knowledge – you possess unique knowledge of your neighborhood, friends, community or special subject area.
Use any of these to help you determine which type of entrepreneur you want to be or already are: